The Elder Conclave
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
The Elder Conclave

This is a forum for roleplays and other assorted stuff.

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log in  

Thoughts on a game bar

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage
CamoBadger
Feeling Neutral
Feeling Neutral
CamoBadger

Thoughts on a game bar Empty
PostSubject: Thoughts on a game bar   Thoughts on a game bar EmptyThu Oct 03, 2013 1:28 pm

So, I've got a question for you all, but first I'm going to give some background of why I ask.

Every Friday, if I can I go to a game store (card/rp/tabletop, not vidya) near my place to play some 40K. It's a very popular place for people to go, and each friday it ends up with about 20 40K players, a DnD group of about 6, and usually 10 or so MTG players. All of us are crammed in one room with maybe 10 or 15 tables, all of which are very quickly filled up and the whole place just becomes stupidly crowded. Still, we all go there because the community is amazing and it's always a good time for everyone whether we win or lose. Still, a lot of us feel like it would be better with more space, but the store is already at it's limit for space. On top of that, the store closes at 10, which is good, but some people still hang out for at least 2 hours afterwards.

Anyways, last Friday, some of the guys I play with started going around and asking folks there some questions. If they were open past 10, would you still be playing? Do you come here for the people, or the location? Etc. All of us said yes to still playing, and that we keep going there for the people, and not so much the location, but still like the store itself. After this, they asked if we would go to a place that was open later and had more space for people to play, including some private rooms to reserve for RP groups that would rather escape the noise and clutter.

Well, as it turns out, they were asking this because they plan to open up a "Game Bar", and wanted to know what people thought of it. Basically, they plan to start up a place where the entire thing is dedicated to letting people go in and play card/rp/tabletop games, a lot like we do at the store, but with much more space and staying open until around 4am. On top of that, they want to include a restaurant kind of deal so you can eat between games or get snacks and such, as well as a bar (one of them already has a liscence to sell, so no issue there either) for people to relax and enjoy a few drinks after their games or just chill out if they don't feel like playing.

Now, in my opinion, this sounds like an amazing idea that I'm surprised hasn't already popped up all over the fuckin' place, especially with the number of people who play games like this on a regular basis anyways, and would love to see it. But I'd like to know what you all think. Is this something that you would love to have near you, or do you think it's a bad idea, and why?
Back to top Go down
ZEUS
The Lumberjack
The Lumberjack
ZEUS

PostSubject: Re: Thoughts on a game bar   Thoughts on a game bar EmptySat Oct 05, 2013 1:24 am

That sounds like an awesome idea.
I saw/heard of something like that while at FanExpo, but was disappointed to hear that it was 2 towns away.
I know I'd go there often if I lived near a place like that.
Back to top Go down
XT Vengeance
The Ancient One
The Ancient One
XT Vengeance

PostSubject: Re: Thoughts on a game bar   Thoughts on a game bar EmptyTue Nov 26, 2013 7:41 am

Ahem...I kinda wish I had seen this topic earlier, because that sounds like the greatest idea ever.
Back to top Go down
https://theelderconclave.forumotion.com
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Thoughts on a game bar   Thoughts on a game bar Empty

Back to top Go down

Thoughts on a game bar
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
The Elder Conclave :: The Younger Conclave :: Gaming-
Jump to: