The Elder Conclave
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
The Elder Conclave

This is a forum for roleplays and other assorted stuff.

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log in  

The Elder Scrolls: Tales of the Nerevarine

Go down 
+4
CamoBadger
Katarn
ZEUS
XT Vengeance
8 posters
Go to page : 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next
AuthorMessage
XT Vengeance
The Ancient One
The Ancient One
XT Vengeance

The Elder Scrolls: Tales of the Nerevarine Empty
PostSubject: The Elder Scrolls: Tales of the Nerevarine   The Elder Scrolls: Tales of the Nerevarine EmptyThu Aug 15, 2013 2:44 am

As the older stallions readied their instruments, the crowd moved back to their seats. Slowly the sound of a storm began to filter through the speakers, as well as the chime of a bell. And then they began.

What is this that stands before me?
Figure in black which points at me
Turn around quick and start to run
Find out I'm the chosen one, oh nooo!

Big black shape with eyes of fire
Telling ponies their desire
Sithis' sitting there, he's smiling
Watches those flames get higher and higher
Oh no, no, please gods help me!

Is it the end, my friend?
Sithis' coming 'round the bend
Ponies running 'cause they're scared
The ponies better go and beware!
No, no, please, no!

And as the singer's mournful voice faded away, the crowd erupted in cheer. The band took a bow, all of them leaving the stage to be replaced by a rather intimidating mare in full bonemold armor.

"I would like to thank our guests for the rousing performance. The likes of which is seldom heard in this province. But that's not what you all came here for, now is it?"

The crowd roared in response, ready for the action to begin.

"Good...because here he is! The Grand Champion!" the mare shouted, and a light poured down into the arena floor, illuminating a lone pony, fully clad in heavy ebony plate-mail, a rather large and intimidating black blade on his back.

Meanwhile, as Dalamus wandered the cantons of Vivec, he eventually came across the temple. A large building, very different from the other cantons stood across a bridge. Two large statues depicting the same stallion in very differing poses stood on either side atop a flight of stairs. One showed him as calm and serene, meditating as he watched over the city, while the other showed him as a warrior, crushing a vile creature beneath his hooves as he stabbed it with a long spear. There were many offerings of varying sorts about the statues, from flowers to sacks of gems and money.

Floating above the temple and a bit to the side was a very large rock, with several walkways wrapped around it. Dalamus could see several Ordinators patrolling along the walkways on this rock, as well as on the temple proper.
Back to top Go down
https://theelderconclave.forumotion.com
ZEUS
The Lumberjack
The Lumberjack
ZEUS

PostSubject: Re: The Elder Scrolls: Tales of the Nerevarine   The Elder Scrolls: Tales of the Nerevarine EmptyFri Aug 16, 2013 12:05 pm

Dalamus crossed the bridged and walked towards the temple while trying to ignore the Ordinators.
He entered the temple and reluctantly asked an Ordinator where he could find the library. "Ordinator, where can I find the library?"
Back to top Go down
XT Vengeance
The Ancient One
The Ancient One
XT Vengeance

PostSubject: Re: The Elder Scrolls: Tales of the Nerevarine   The Elder Scrolls: Tales of the Nerevarine EmptyFri Aug 16, 2013 12:09 pm

The masked pony turned to Dalamus.

"The Library is closed. Come back in the morning," the ordinator said in a gruff, but somehow feminine voice.
Back to top Go down
ZEUS
The Lumberjack
The Lumberjack
ZEUS

PostSubject: Re: The Elder Scrolls: Tales of the Nerevarine   The Elder Scrolls: Tales of the Nerevarine EmptyFri Aug 16, 2013 12:18 pm

Dalamus nodded in response to the Ordinator and proceeded to make his way towards the arena.
Back to top Go down
Katarn
Chief Comrade of Camaraderie
Chief Comrade of Camaraderie
Katarn

PostSubject: Re: The Elder Scrolls: Tales of the Nerevarine   The Elder Scrolls: Tales of the Nerevarine EmptyFri Aug 16, 2013 12:32 pm

"That's a nice set of armor..I wonder if I could afford one some day..." He said to no one in particular. "Though that sword look kinda scary."
Back to top Go down
XT Vengeance
The Ancient One
The Ancient One
XT Vengeance

PostSubject: Re: The Elder Scrolls: Tales of the Nerevarine   The Elder Scrolls: Tales of the Nerevarine EmptySun Aug 18, 2013 3:03 pm

The announcer turned her head, pointing to a large metal door on the opposite end of the arena. "And in this corner, the challengers! Let the games begin!"

The mare performed a rather impressive back-flip, getting herself out of the arena right as the metal door slowly began to crank open. Two loud, guttural roars echoed throughout the stadium, emanating from the darkness behind the grates as they raised.

The champion shifted his stance, drawing the thin and jagged great-sword from his back, holding it in a fighter's stance in his mouth.
Back to top Go down
CamoBadger
Feeling Neutral
Feeling Neutral
CamoBadger

PostSubject: Re: The Elder Scrolls: Tales of the Nerevarine   The Elder Scrolls: Tales of the Nerevarine EmptySun Aug 18, 2013 5:18 pm

[Sneak - 40] Nakuma smirked at the massive crowd in the fight and started trotting through the ranks, but found eyes tracking her while she wandered. Well, looks like I won't be making any extra scratch tonight, she thought to herself and stopped at a gap to watch some of the fight.
Back to top Go down
ZEUS
The Lumberjack
The Lumberjack
ZEUS

PostSubject: Re: The Elder Scrolls: Tales of the Nerevarine   The Elder Scrolls: Tales of the Nerevarine EmptySun Aug 18, 2013 5:39 pm

Dalamus walked into the arena and was impressed at the sight of the backflip the mare did.
He looks around for the others. (1)
Back to top Go down
XT Vengeance
The Ancient One
The Ancient One
XT Vengeance

PostSubject: Re: The Elder Scrolls: Tales of the Nerevarine   The Elder Scrolls: Tales of the Nerevarine EmptySun Aug 18, 2013 5:43 pm

Dalamus saw pretty pretty lights hanging from the ceiling of the arena. In his efforts to chase them, he bumped into a familiar zebra mare.
Back to top Go down
ZEUS
The Lumberjack
The Lumberjack
ZEUS

PostSubject: Re: The Elder Scrolls: Tales of the Nerevarine   The Elder Scrolls: Tales of the Nerevarine EmptySun Aug 18, 2013 5:46 pm

Dalamus jumped back after bumping into someone while distracted by the pretty light.
"Sorry about tha-" He paused when he noticed who he had bumped into. "YOU!" He said while pointing at the zebra.
Back to top Go down
CamoBadger
Feeling Neutral
Feeling Neutral
CamoBadger

PostSubject: Re: The Elder Scrolls: Tales of the Nerevarine   The Elder Scrolls: Tales of the Nerevarine EmptySun Aug 18, 2013 5:56 pm

Nakuma scowled and turned to confront whoever had bumped her, but froze and stammered at the sight of Dalamus. "No way I'm that unlucky."
Back to top Go down
ZEUS
The Lumberjack
The Lumberjack
ZEUS

PostSubject: Re: The Elder Scrolls: Tales of the Nerevarine   The Elder Scrolls: Tales of the Nerevarine EmptySun Aug 18, 2013 5:58 pm

"What are you doing here?" He asked the zebra. "Trying to steal more sweet rolls?"
Back to top Go down
CamoBadger
Feeling Neutral
Feeling Neutral
CamoBadger

PostSubject: Re: The Elder Scrolls: Tales of the Nerevarine   The Elder Scrolls: Tales of the Nerevarine EmptySun Aug 18, 2013 6:00 pm

"None of your business N'wah," she snapped and quickly trotted away from the stallion.
Back to top Go down
ZEUS
The Lumberjack
The Lumberjack
ZEUS

PostSubject: Re: The Elder Scrolls: Tales of the Nerevarine   The Elder Scrolls: Tales of the Nerevarine EmptySun Aug 18, 2013 6:01 pm

"What did you just call me?!"
Back to top Go down
CamoBadger
Feeling Neutral
Feeling Neutral
CamoBadger

PostSubject: Re: The Elder Scrolls: Tales of the Nerevarine   The Elder Scrolls: Tales of the Nerevarine EmptySun Aug 18, 2013 6:03 pm

"You heard me!"
Back to top Go down
ZEUS
The Lumberjack
The Lumberjack
ZEUS

PostSubject: Re: The Elder Scrolls: Tales of the Nerevarine   The Elder Scrolls: Tales of the Nerevarine EmptySun Aug 18, 2013 6:10 pm

"I thought you said in Balmora you wouldn't be following us." Dalamus said while gritting his teeth.
Back to top Go down
CamoBadger
Feeling Neutral
Feeling Neutral
CamoBadger

PostSubject: Re: The Elder Scrolls: Tales of the Nerevarine   The Elder Scrolls: Tales of the Nerevarine EmptySun Aug 18, 2013 6:12 pm

"Follow you?" she asked and spun back to him. "Why would I ever do that? You followed me here."
Back to top Go down
XT Vengeance
The Ancient One
The Ancient One
XT Vengeance

PostSubject: Re: The Elder Scrolls: Tales of the Nerevarine   The Elder Scrolls: Tales of the Nerevarine EmptySun Aug 18, 2013 6:20 pm

With a torrential roar, the first of the challengers charged out of it's cage. The monster stood twice as tall as even the largest pony, and stood on two immensely powerful legs, as thick as tree trunks. It's large, powerful arms ended in jagged claws that looked as though they were built to tear clean through metal and bone. It's lizard-like face had a mouth full of razor-sharp fangs, and it hung open as the beast shot fire out from it's gaping maw. It's serpentine eyes darted back and forth, eyeing the crowd before it finally noticed the Champion. Then the second one walked out.
Back to top Go down
ZEUS
The Lumberjack
The Lumberjack
ZEUS

PostSubject: Re: The Elder Scrolls: Tales of the Nerevarine   The Elder Scrolls: Tales of the Nerevarine EmptySun Aug 18, 2013 6:41 pm

"Yeah, because you're impossible to stay away from." He said sarcastically.
Back to top Go down
CamoBadger
Feeling Neutral
Feeling Neutral
CamoBadger

PostSubject: Re: The Elder Scrolls: Tales of the Nerevarine   The Elder Scrolls: Tales of the Nerevarine EmptySun Aug 18, 2013 6:42 pm

"Aw, how sweet," she spat and rolled her eyes. "Why are you even at a fight like this? Shouldn't you be on some big quest or something?"
Back to top Go down
ZEUS
The Lumberjack
The Lumberjack
ZEUS

PostSubject: Re: The Elder Scrolls: Tales of the Nerevarine   The Elder Scrolls: Tales of the Nerevarine EmptySun Aug 18, 2013 6:47 pm

"I was, but the place I have to go to is closed." Dalamus noticed the Daedroths and stepped away from them
Back to top Go down
CamoBadger
Feeling Neutral
Feeling Neutral
CamoBadger

PostSubject: Re: The Elder Scrolls: Tales of the Nerevarine   The Elder Scrolls: Tales of the Nerevarine EmptySun Aug 18, 2013 6:50 pm

"Oh no," she said in an exasperated tone and put a hoof to her forehead. "What ever will you do?" Her expression flattened out and she dropped her hoof back to the ground. "Ever heard of breaking in?" Her hooves shook slightly from the sounds of the massive beasts behind her, but she tried to hide it until the Dunmer was no longer talking with her.
Back to top Go down
ZEUS
The Lumberjack
The Lumberjack
ZEUS

PostSubject: Re: The Elder Scrolls: Tales of the Nerevarine   The Elder Scrolls: Tales of the Nerevarine EmptySun Aug 18, 2013 7:05 pm

"Yeah, I'm sure the Ordinators around the place wouldn't mind that at all."
Back to top Go down
CamoBadger
Feeling Neutral
Feeling Neutral
CamoBadger

PostSubject: Re: The Elder Scrolls: Tales of the Nerevarine   The Elder Scrolls: Tales of the Nerevarine EmptySun Aug 18, 2013 7:11 pm

"That's why you don't get caught, s'wit."
Back to top Go down
ZEUS
The Lumberjack
The Lumberjack
ZEUS

PostSubject: Re: The Elder Scrolls: Tales of the Nerevarine   The Elder Scrolls: Tales of the Nerevarine EmptySun Aug 18, 2013 7:35 pm

"I'm pretty sure whoever we're looking for wouldn't even be there if it's closed."
Back to top Go down
CamoBadger
Feeling Neutral
Feeling Neutral
CamoBadger

PostSubject: Re: The Elder Scrolls: Tales of the Nerevarine   The Elder Scrolls: Tales of the Nerevarine EmptySun Aug 18, 2013 7:38 pm

"Well, that's your problem then." Nakuma peeked back at the fight to make sure it hadn't gone bad.
Back to top Go down
ZEUS
The Lumberjack
The Lumberjack
ZEUS

PostSubject: Re: The Elder Scrolls: Tales of the Nerevarine   The Elder Scrolls: Tales of the Nerevarine EmptySun Aug 18, 2013 8:08 pm

"Yeah, just as long as you don't make things worse by telling a guard I stole something from you."
Back to top Go down
CamoBadger
Feeling Neutral
Feeling Neutral
CamoBadger

PostSubject: Re: The Elder Scrolls: Tales of the Nerevarine   The Elder Scrolls: Tales of the Nerevarine EmptySun Aug 18, 2013 8:15 pm

"I doubt you have anything nice anyways," she commented. "Now do you mind? I'm trying to watch the fight," she flicked her tail into his chest and turned to watch the arena.
Back to top Go down
ZEUS
The Lumberjack
The Lumberjack
ZEUS

PostSubject: Re: The Elder Scrolls: Tales of the Nerevarine   The Elder Scrolls: Tales of the Nerevarine EmptySun Aug 18, 2013 8:18 pm

"I can see why, those things down there look like they could be your twins. Are they your brothers?" He said to the zebra as he watched the fight.
Back to top Go down
CamoBadger
Feeling Neutral
Feeling Neutral
CamoBadger

PostSubject: Re: The Elder Scrolls: Tales of the Nerevarine   The Elder Scrolls: Tales of the Nerevarine EmptySun Aug 18, 2013 8:21 pm

"I thought they were your parents," she quipped. "The similarity is uncanny."
Back to top Go down
XT Vengeance
The Ancient One
The Ancient One
XT Vengeance

PostSubject: Re: The Elder Scrolls: Tales of the Nerevarine   The Elder Scrolls: Tales of the Nerevarine EmptySun Aug 18, 2013 8:52 pm

Not waiting for the beasts to make a move, the armored pony charged forth, lunging in a slashing motion at the first of the daedroth's legs. The beast moved with surprising speed, sidestepping out of the way and swatting the champion to the side.

The armored pony landed with a thud, having slammed full force into a wall. With a thunderous roar, the second beast approached, the ground rocking slightly with it's footsteps.
Back to top Go down
CamoBadger
Feeling Neutral
Feeling Neutral
CamoBadger

PostSubject: Re: The Elder Scrolls: Tales of the Nerevarine   The Elder Scrolls: Tales of the Nerevarine EmptySun Aug 18, 2013 8:59 pm

"He knows he's going to die, right?" Nakuma asked with a flinch from the attack.
Back to top Go down
ZEUS
The Lumberjack
The Lumberjack
ZEUS

PostSubject: Re: The Elder Scrolls: Tales of the Nerevarine   The Elder Scrolls: Tales of the Nerevarine EmptySun Aug 18, 2013 9:00 pm

"Damn it." Dalamus said as he looked around. "Where can I make bets around here?"
Back to top Go down
Scyto Jubilee
Peon
Peon
Scyto Jubilee

PostSubject: Re: The Elder Scrolls: Tales of the Nerevarine   The Elder Scrolls: Tales of the Nerevarine EmptySun Aug 18, 2013 9:21 pm

After walking around the town for a while and being unable to spot her companions, Cienele looks for the nearest sign of a crowd - might as well - and spots the Arena. She quickly pays the fee and sits down to watch the fight.
Back to top Go down
CamoBadger
Feeling Neutral
Feeling Neutral
CamoBadger

PostSubject: Re: The Elder Scrolls: Tales of the Nerevarine   The Elder Scrolls: Tales of the Nerevarine EmptySun Aug 18, 2013 9:35 pm

"I don't know, ask someone who looks like they come here a lot," Nakuma suggested.
Back to top Go down
ZEUS
The Lumberjack
The Lumberjack
ZEUS

PostSubject: Re: The Elder Scrolls: Tales of the Nerevarine   The Elder Scrolls: Tales of the Nerevarine EmptySun Aug 18, 2013 9:38 pm

"I wasn't talking to you." He told Nakuma before turning his attention back to the arena.
Back to top Go down
XT Vengeance
The Ancient One
The Ancient One
XT Vengeance

PostSubject: Re: The Elder Scrolls: Tales of the Nerevarine   The Elder Scrolls: Tales of the Nerevarine EmptySun Aug 18, 2013 9:47 pm

As the second Deadroth reached the champion, the armored pony lunged upward slicing the vile lizard clean in half. Blood sprayed out, coating the champion, as he charged once more into battle with the other Daedroth. The dead one's body slumped over with a meaty thud.
Back to top Go down
CamoBadger
Feeling Neutral
Feeling Neutral
CamoBadger

PostSubject: Re: The Elder Scrolls: Tales of the Nerevarine   The Elder Scrolls: Tales of the Nerevarine EmptySun Aug 18, 2013 9:51 pm

Nakuma closed her eyes and looked away from the scene when the beast fell in half, lifting a hoof to cover her head just in case some blood managed to reach her.
Back to top Go down
Scyto Jubilee
Peon
Peon
Scyto Jubilee

PostSubject: Re: The Elder Scrolls: Tales of the Nerevarine   The Elder Scrolls: Tales of the Nerevarine EmptySun Aug 18, 2013 9:54 pm

"I need to learn to do that..." She mutters to herself as she watches.
Back to top Go down
ZEUS
The Lumberjack
The Lumberjack
ZEUS

PostSubject: Re: The Elder Scrolls: Tales of the Nerevarine   The Elder Scrolls: Tales of the Nerevarine EmptySun Aug 18, 2013 9:55 pm

Dalamus cheered at the sight of the beast falling before looking over at Nakuma. "What's the matter? Can't stand the sight of a little blood?"
Back to top Go down
CamoBadger
Feeling Neutral
Feeling Neutral
CamoBadger

PostSubject: Re: The Elder Scrolls: Tales of the Nerevarine   The Elder Scrolls: Tales of the Nerevarine EmptySun Aug 18, 2013 10:01 pm

"I prefer not seeing that much," she commented and looked back at the arena. "It's unnecessary."
Back to top Go down
Scyto Jubilee
Peon
Peon
Scyto Jubilee

PostSubject: Re: The Elder Scrolls: Tales of the Nerevarine   The Elder Scrolls: Tales of the Nerevarine EmptySun Aug 18, 2013 10:04 pm

While her eyes wandered, Cienele spotted Dalamus. "... not my first choice..." She muttered as she got up and moved over to him, "There you are, where are the--" She stops as she sees who Dalamus is talking to. "--others."
Back to top Go down
XT Vengeance
The Ancient One
The Ancient One
XT Vengeance

PostSubject: Re: The Elder Scrolls: Tales of the Nerevarine   The Elder Scrolls: Tales of the Nerevarine EmptySun Aug 18, 2013 10:08 pm

The remaining daedroth let out a furious roar as it saw its brother fall. With a pure hatred in its serpentine eyes, it unleashed a torrential flow of fire. The mighty beast continued to do this for an entire minute, stopping only when it was satisfied that it had roasted its opponent. When it stopped, there was nothing but a scorch mark on the ground where the champion had been.

Seeing this, the crowd let out a gasp, and ordinators rushed to the ledge surrounding the pit. The guards stood, electricity charging in their hooves as they readied to strike down the beast.
Back to top Go down
Scyto Jubilee
Peon
Peon
Scyto Jubilee

PostSubject: Re: The Elder Scrolls: Tales of the Nerevarine   The Elder Scrolls: Tales of the Nerevarine EmptySun Aug 18, 2013 10:09 pm

Cienele lets out a slow whistle, "Crispy."
Back to top Go down
CamoBadger
Feeling Neutral
Feeling Neutral
CamoBadger

PostSubject: Re: The Elder Scrolls: Tales of the Nerevarine   The Elder Scrolls: Tales of the Nerevarine EmptySun Aug 18, 2013 10:10 pm

"Uh, they can kill that thing, right?" Nakuma asked as she started backing slowly toward an exit.
Back to top Go down
ZEUS
The Lumberjack
The Lumberjack
ZEUS

PostSubject: Re: The Elder Scrolls: Tales of the Nerevarine   The Elder Scrolls: Tales of the Nerevarine EmptySun Aug 18, 2013 10:11 pm

"Well, I'm happy I didn't bet anything."
Back to top Go down
Scyto Jubilee
Peon
Peon
Scyto Jubilee

PostSubject: Re: The Elder Scrolls: Tales of the Nerevarine   The Elder Scrolls: Tales of the Nerevarine EmptySun Aug 18, 2013 10:13 pm

"They wouldn't have summoned it if they couldn't have killed it." She says, confidence in her voice but her twitching tail betraying her.
Back to top Go down
XT Vengeance
The Ancient One
The Ancient One
XT Vengeance

PostSubject: Re: The Elder Scrolls: Tales of the Nerevarine   The Elder Scrolls: Tales of the Nerevarine EmptySun Aug 18, 2013 10:22 pm

Just as the ordinators prepared to unleash a volley of lightning upon the beast, they stopped, marching back to their posts.

Strangely, at that exact moment, the large beast began to flail around wildly, roaring in pain. The champion reappeared on the beasts back, holding on for his life. As he reached the monster's neck, he struck the beast with a glowing green hoof. The beast froze in place, and the champion took his time to position himself, before drawing the blade, and slicing its head off.

As the beast fell, the champion slid off and casually trotted over to the stage. Standing atop the stage, the pony took off its helmet, revealing a rather pretty looking Dunmer mare with short, jet black hair, and bright red eyes. She had bright blue war paint wrapping around the top of her eyes, and continuing down to her cheeks.

"ARE YOU NOT ENTERTAINED?!" the mare yelled to the speechless crowd.

At that point, the crowd erupted in a cacophony of cheers.
Back to top Go down
ZEUS
The Lumberjack
The Lumberjack
ZEUS

PostSubject: Re: The Elder Scrolls: Tales of the Nerevarine   The Elder Scrolls: Tales of the Nerevarine EmptySun Aug 18, 2013 10:33 pm

Dalamus cheered with the rest of the crowd.
Back to top Go down
CamoBadger
Feeling Neutral
Feeling Neutral
CamoBadger

PostSubject: Re: The Elder Scrolls: Tales of the Nerevarine   The Elder Scrolls: Tales of the Nerevarine EmptySun Aug 18, 2013 10:33 pm

Nakuma winced at the beheading before smiling slightly and clapping. "That was pretty impressive."
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: The Elder Scrolls: Tales of the Nerevarine   The Elder Scrolls: Tales of the Nerevarine Empty

Back to top Go down

The Elder Scrolls: Tales of the Nerevarine
Page 1 of 8Go to page : 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next